Stitches & Sutures in Greensboro, NC
Need Stitches? Visit Mediq Urgent Care of Greensboro Immediately
If you experience a bad enough cut, then you may need stitches and sutures in order to help the wound heal. Severe cuts that result in excessive bleeding should be treated at an emergency room (ER). However, cuts that are serious but not life-threatening can be treated at our Greensboro urgent care facility, MEDIQ Urgent Care.
Visiting an urgent care facility is often much less expensive and more convenient than the ER since you won’t have to wait for hours to be seen. In emergency rooms, the most serious injuries and illnesses are treated first, which means that depending on how serious your cut is, you could end up waiting a while.
For sutures or stitches in Greensboro or the surrounding areas, contact us at (336) 738-1691 or drop into our walk-in clinic today!
What Are Stitches & Sutures?
Most smaller cuts will heal on their own over time. The only thing you need to do to treat minor cuts is to keep them clean. However, larger cuts require stitches. Stitches help to hold the wound around the cut closed so that the skin can fuse together and heal. The term “stitches” refers to the surgical procedure used to close the cut up.
“Sutures” are the threads or strands that are used to stitch the wound closed. Once the cut has healed, the sutures will be removed.
How Do I Know if I Need Stitches?
The seriousness of cuts and lacerations can be difficult to judge at times. If you’re unsure whether you need stitches or not, it’s best if you seek medical attention just in case you do. However, the following are a few obvious signs that you do need stitches and that you should seek medical attention as soon as possible:
- If you’ve experienced a cut on your neck. The neck is a very vulnerable part of your body, and any injury that occurs to it should be evaluated.
- If you’ve received a cut on your face where scarring might be an issue.
- If the area around the wound feels numb.
- If you’ve lost function to the part of the body that has experienced the cut.
- If your cut is continuing to bleed. You should apply direct pressure to your wound using a towel or clean cloth for at least 20 minutes. If it’s still bleeding, then you should seek medical attention right away.
- If the cut you’ve experienced resulted in a loose flap of skin, then you may need stitches to reattach it.
- If you were cut by an object that’s still stuck in your wound, such as a knife or a nail, then you should seek medical attention right away.
- The general rule of thumb is that if your cut is longer than 1/3 inch or deeper than 1/4 inch, you should seek medical help.
Choose MEDIQ Urgent Care for Stitches in Greensboro
If you’ve experienced a cut and you think that you need stitches, then you should visit our MEDIQ Urgent Care, an urgent care and walk-in clinic in Greensboro to receive immediate medical attention right away.
Be sure to contact us to schedule an appointment or to pre-register. You can also choose to visit our urgent care without scheduling an appointment if it’s more convenient.
Are you looking for an urgent care center “near me”? Head to our walk-in clinic, MEDIQ Urgent Care, for stitches in Greensboro!