Dehydration Treatment in Greensboro, NC
Urgent Care Servicing Greensboro & Jamestown Patients
Everybody has felt dehydrated at some point in time. However, dehydration can become very dangerous if it’s not treated. Symptoms will begin to grow more severe to the point where they will require immediate medical attention. If you are experiencing severe symptoms of dehydration, you should come in to our MEDIQ Urgent Care facility in Greensboro as soon as possible.
What Is Dehydration?
Your body needs water in order to function properly. Because the water in your body is used and therefore depleted regularly over time, you need to regularly consume water in order to stay hydrated. Certain factors can cause you to grow dehydrated quicker as well, such as heat or sweating. The more dehydrated you become, the more serious the symptoms will become.
The following are some of the common symptoms of dehydration that you should watch out for:
- Dry mouth
- Less frequent need to urinate
- Dark and yellowish urine
Symptoms will worse the longer you go without treating dehydration. The following are some of the more severe symptoms of dehydration that you might experience:
- Rapid heart rate
- The inability to stand or walk due to dizziness
If you experience symptoms of severe dehydration, you should seek emergency medical treatment right away.
There are a number of things that you should do in order to treat the common symptoms of dehydration. This includes:
- Stopping any physical activities. Physical activities require your body to use up more water, which means you’ll only get more dehydrated the more physical activity you do.
- Drink water in sports drinks in order to rehydrate.
- Find a place that’s cool to rest. Heat will only cause you to become more dehydrated than you already are.
- Seek medical attention if you experience severe symptoms immediately.
The following are a few tips that will help you prevent your body from becoming dehydrated:
- Drink at least eight to 12 glasses of water a day.
- Make sure to drink plenty of water before, during and after participating in any physical activities. Bring water with you when exercising to replenish the water you lose when you sweat.
- Don’t drink too much alcohol as it increases dehydration.
- Wear light clothing when exercising to avoid sweating too much.
Dehydration is something you should never ignore. Even if you’re only a little bit thirsty, make sure you drink plenty of water so that you can re-hydrate your body. If you are severely dehydrated and begin showing serious symptoms, then you should visit our urgent care in Greensboro, NC to seek medical attention.
Visit a Greensboro Urgent Care Clinic
For information about our medical services, be sure to contact us at MEDIQ Urgent Care today.
We do not require scheduled appointments although they are available. This means that you can visit us at a time that’s convenient for you.